Sunday 26 January 2014

My eZee Sprint

It was either an electric bike or a moped/scooter. The prices were roughly the same so I couldn't be swayed either way by that, what it came down to was with a bike I would either be in cycle lanes or on the edge of the traffic, not right in it (and for someone only just learning to drive the thought of being right in with the traffic and having to hold your own on the road is...shall we say, daunting), I also did the calculations for how much each ride would cost and maintenance each year (or rather my Dad did those and we discussed them). It worked out something like $2-3NZD a day for a moped and 12centsNZ for the eZee bike, either way it was way cheaper than a car!! The second reason for getting the bike was for fitness, we live on a rather long hill (or it feels that way) and so getting out to exercise is all too often too much bother. Thirdly I am a type one diabetic and I felt that if I was to go low it would be easier to pull over and sort it out on a bike than on a moped.
Thus decision made, the eZee bike it is.
The next decision I had to make was between a step through frame or basic frame, I tried both out and loved how I could just swing off the step through!! But it felt slightly sluggish. When Dad and I got home we looked up the specs for each and the step through is 2-3kg heavier than the basic because of the need to reinforce the frame. Now I need to make it up a hill and make it up with as much ease as possible (or I wont be wanting to do it often) so anything that I can do to help this process I will, thus the basic frame was chosen.
My new eZee Sprint 7M electric bicycle from 'The Electric Bike Hub' ordered through 'Avanti Bikes' right here in Dunedin.


No comments:

Post a Comment